– Develop an innovative water & energy smart grid for irrigation: energy consumption tactical (day) decisions, introducing demand-side management and matching with available energy offer, thanks to the water storage capability (both in reservoirs or in the ground) and the ‘near-almost elastic’ demand from users.
– Demonstrate innovative techniques for resource efficiency at local level:
• Techniques for the minimization of the operational cost for water supply infrastructures, as strategic management (weekly).
• Techniques for saving water in the local irrigation systems and, consequently, saving energy.
• Techniques for improving the ratio m3/kW ratio.
– Develop an innovative integration approach: an ICT platform based on a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), for hosting the DSS applications, while, at field level, the existing local irrigation systems remain.